Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPG Maker VX Achievement System

Time to make a request ...

Okay, what I'm looking for is a script for RPG Maker VX that would make my game have an Xbox 360 styled achievement system.  I would also like the points you get for the achievements tradable for gold/rare items.  Each time you would unlock an achievement, an icon would pop up on the top of the screen and it would say <Insert achievement name here> Unlocked;  Plus <insert number here> reward points.  I would also like an option in the Title screen, and game menu that would show all of the achievement, including the ones you have and have not unlocked.

Just in case you don't know what an achievement is, it's a "reward" for completing certain things in the game, ex:  If you beat 10 monsters, you get 15 Gamer Points.

If any of you RGSS2 scripters out there can do this for me, I'd just like to say thanks in advance.

ikos

This should be doable through common events and variables.
Say, "Reach 50% progress" is an achievement.

Once you reach your destine 50% mark, you can turn a switch on, and what switch is turned on, display a text box with a parallel process saying what you got, after 60 frame seconds, turn off the switch.

ikos":2827yc7m said:
This should be doable through common events and variables.
Say, "Reach 50% progress" is an achievement.

Once you reach your destine 50% mark, you can turn a switch on, and what switch is turned on, display a text box with a parallel process saying what you got, after 60 frame seconds, turn off the switch.
Yea, I know it COULD be done in common events, but I WANT it to be done in SCRIPTING.  If I WANTED it to be done in common events, I would of done it.  I want a script, so my events can be organazied.

ikos

A script would not make things any EASIER. If anything it would make it more COMPLICATED. Because you'd have to plan out every step, set up every variable and so on. At least with EVENTING, it's mostly point and click.

The thing with scripts like these is that most scripters, including myself (though at this point I'm not sure how well I'd fare at this) dislike taking the time to do stuff like this when it's relatively easy to do it with events. Scripting something like this takes a pretty long time. On top of that, it may be very hard to make this kind of script user friendly.

Hey - on a related matter.

I am using common events and switches to use a lore system in my game atm : You get certain herbs and flowers (from hard to reach locations in any map) and build up points towards Herb Lore. Once you hit 20, the first milestone, you'd get a reward from the alchemist and new recipes are unlocked (to be made with drops / gathered ingredients). Now, i'd very much like a main-menu tab for this, with visual bars of progress (like the HP ones really) that would fill up. This is basically the same as the achievement points here. How could I go about doing this? I'm sure i can get a simple common event for the rewards etc, but how would i manage a status screen for this lore stuff? :-o

If it's too different, please kill this post and tell me. :p

Yo if you have a script request yourself please make your own topic and do not spam or bump other's topics. Thanks. ~Raven

Chalupa":55i4n1lh said:
Look, I put this in SCRIPT request.  That means I want a script to do this.

And no, you can't do everything I want for it in common events.
I know you want a script to do this, I was just commenting on the fact that the chances of getting something like this aren't too great, so you may be better off just getting as far as you can go with events.

as for RDissonant. You'd have to script a small menu-system. Sadly, even small menu systems take a long time, but, maybe you can post up a mock-up(in a new topic, since we don't want to be hijacking this one) and I can at least give the menu a go, since it's not actually hard

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.