Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMXP] XMXS's Linear Motion Battle System

Yazus

XMXS Linear Motion Battle System v1.5 (The last one since 2005)
AKA Tales of Saga Battle System

Features
This is the beloved LMBS, used in the first (and others) Tales of Games.
This system is very customizable and is very, very, very nice.
The only problem: IS VERY HARD. Yes. This system is really hard to use and
to customize, because every skill or monster or actor must be setted in the
script first... but using this at his full capatibles means making a very professional game.
For first: in defoult there are 50-90 battle frames for actor/enemies but you can customize the
number and theyr function in the script.
For second: actor voice in the battle! Yeah like Tales of Games we can have actor attacking and saying "YA!" etc 8)
For third: full moveable camera and designer / debugging tools like "draw rectlines of battlers and succha tingz"

I'm NOT an espert about this script-
I CANNOT help you to translate this script (yeah this is half jap and half spanish (fund on rpgplaneta))
I CANNOT draw for you battlers or find one. I'm sorry.
I want to be able to use this script, yeah, but this is hard and complicated so,
if someone wanna take the project, be well! Because i can't hear about XMXS.. hei about 2 years!
His script are really famous and his skill too, but scriptshelf.jp gone and there is not a way to download this script / documentation / resource
about this...

Screen
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7079/immaginezv7.th.jpg[/img]

Demo With Documentation (in spanish T_T)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cr1xyaiyn4w

And that's all m8s if u wanna translate this would be really nice!

Remember to credit XRXS for the main script
                          CCOA for a graphic update
                          RPGPLANETA for minor-translating this and making the doc

I am starting to get to know it, i know alot about it now. I've been translating.I figured out how to make every skill super freaking fast.

Edit:Jesus is being used?

How did he actually make the battlers like that? In the database for the characters the battler picture is just an insignificant single-pose guy, and not the way they appear in the demo? o.0

Oh yes, this is what i looking for ... ^_^ thanks for sharing and i will recreate my project with this cbs not that charlie lee cbs anymore .. and off course i'll give you big big big credit

Bullet_Darkness":1ev5zvum said:
I am starting to get to know it, i know alot about it now. I've been translating.I figured out how to make every skill super freaking fast.

Edit:Jesus is being used?
Let me know if you finish translating, will you?

Venetia: Every time you double-post, a puppy gets thrown into a canyon. Don't kill more puppies.

Yazus

iqbal_0k is not necessary to credit me ^_^ however.... ^^

Anyway, a BIG THANX to Bullet who is translating (some parts or full script, dunno), so it will be more
utilizable.

I found a new thing! You can customize (in the part -GRAPHIC-) the nuimber of frames of the battler so you can have 2000 frames for the attack but even 2 or 3! Check this out!

Ah, we need a simpler customization tho. All the customization is scary... the spritesheet is hard, but it's still okay. MapleStory rips would solve the mystery. o.0

Yazus

yeah, instead of mult script customization, would be nice a script with only variables editing and such ^_^
i don't think XRXS is working on this anymore, if this is not true, give us a link af the official thread,
so we can find maybe some tutorials (in jap i know but better than nothing) and some resources would be cool

Yez, I Translated the tutorial, demo project to English and fixed some bug like enemy tag on game_party, skill fireball, wind fixed adding some battlebacks ripped from fighter maker 95 and much more look in to the script for more information  :shades:

THE TRANSLATED DOCUMENTATION, GAME PROJECT and SCRIPT URL here  :thumb:
http://www.ziddu.com/download.php?uid=Z ... oYauZlpqu4
==================================================================

Sorry if the uploader using ziddu not rapidshare or megaupload coz my bandwith is limited

Btw I appologize for my bad grammar if makes you little confused, but you can fix it on your own   :dead:

Yazus

oh great! thanx iqbal_0k!!!
Now it's a lot more undestrantable and yes those fucking "Enemy" tags on your party members are gone now ;P

Yazus":23682giz said:
oh great! thanx iqbal_0k!!!
Now it's a lot more undestrantable and yes those fucking "Enemy" tags on your party members are gone now ;P
dont mention it

right now im trying to modify the hud on battle scene so u can fight with 4 party member and adding some battler resources

could you translating odd rectangle language in english / spanish please?

The script is pretty good. I was the one who posted it in planetarpg, so I'm glad to see it here, but you forgot to give credits to Hiliart, who wrote the tutorial about how to use it. I also changed the way you use the battlers in the version I uploaded to planeta, so maybe you sholud mention it because people who want to upgrade the old script to this one will have problems with the folders. And I'm sorry about the "enemy" tags, I used only a hero in battle, so I didn't even notice that allies also have that tag ^^U.

Ok I have to say I love this battle system And I'm sure as hell not gonna let this post die
so any ways why don't we see what scripts are compatible. and for further information there are compatibles scripts with this I have messed around with the older versions before there were a few mog scripts that worked but come on we need to juice this thing up!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.