Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP Using Gold instead of SP

I just started using RMXP and I rlly suk at doing scripting. Unfortunately, I'm trying to do something that I think rlly nds scripting to do. So I have a few problems.

This is what i'm trying to do:

The character already has all the skills he can learn but the battle starts with him having ZERO SP. Every turn, he gains SP based on a variable and uses the SP he gains every turn to use his skills.

So far I've managed to do this by using a very noobish method. I made 100 events under the Troops tab so that the gain will happen from turn 1 to 100 so if it takes more than 100 turns, the SP gain will stop haha. If anyone has a better solution, please tell me. That's problem number one.

Next, I want to make a skill that depletes let's say 5 SP every turn while keeping the character insanely strong. I've done this by using switches and other stuff. However, I want the skill to end when the character's SP goes below the required amount, which is in this case, 5.

I then opened up my conditional branch tab to see if there's any SP conditions but there aren't any. So the only other thing I could use is Gold haha. I can set the skills to consume Gold instead of SP and set it so that they can only be cast if the character has the specified amount of Gold, but then on the battle status screen the player can't see how much Gold he has so he's practically blind and using skills without knowing if he can use them.

So I was wondering if someone could teach me how to modify the battle status screen so that instead of showing HP and SP, it shows HP and Gold. It would also help if someone could teach me how to change the menu so that under Gold it shows SP and under SP it shows the amount of Gold.

(In fact, haha, the idea just came to me if someone could teach me how to entirely exchange Gold and SP, so that Gold is used for casting spells and SP is used for buying items. NOTE: I'm not trying to turn Gold into SP, I don't want the conditional branch Gold to refer to SP, I still want it to refer to the Gold, which is now being used to cast spells. But I want SP to be decreased whenever the character buys items.)

NOTE: THE BRACKETED SECTION IS NOT VERY IMPORTANT. THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS I WANT ARE:

1. A SCRIPT TO MAKE THE CHARACTER GAIN GOLD EVERY TURN IN BATTLE WITHOUT HAVING TO PUT AN ENDLESS LINE OF GOLD-GAINING EVENTS UNDER THE TROOPS TAB.

2. A SCRIPT SO THAT DURING BATTLE, THE AMOUNT OF GOLD IS SHOWN INSTEAD OF SP.

Thanks, please tell me if I'm too confusing...XD

You don't need a script. Simply use control variables and make thew variable = actor's SP, then use the conditional branch with the variable.

Also, instead of having 100 events, couldn't you have conditional branch actor's sp is <=100? then make an event that adds 1 (or whatever) sp?

Finally, your post was very hard to read, please try and make your posts as clear as possible when asking for help.

Peace

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.