Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMXP] Behemoth's Projectile ABS Script help please.

prepe

OK, I have bean playing with the 'Behemoth's Projectile ABS Script, from here http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=37443.0', and I need help with two things.

1. I am trying to make it where if you are on certain terrain tags then, the enemy has to be closer to see you. Like if I was hiding in the shadows! I'm using terrain tags 2-7. If terrain tag 2, enemy must be a little closer to see the player, then 3, a little more closer, 4, even closer ect., but if you are on terrain tag 7, then the enemy must be like 1, or 2 squares away. I got the stealth meter working, but the way he/she has the enemy's set up I cant make it work like that. Can anyone tell me how I would go about it?

2. I want it so if I put the dead enemy's in the shadows, then the patrolling enemy's have be closer to see the dead ones to, but using terrain tags 5-7. So if dead enemy is in Terrain tag 5, enemy must be closer to the dead one to detect, If in 6, even closer, and if in 7, right next to dead enemy, to see the dead enemy!

I hope you can understand what I said. If not think of it kinda like splinter cell. You hide in the shadows, You don't get caught, and if you put the dead people in the shadows, you don't get caught ether!

here is a reference video for those who don't know what I am talking about, and have never played splinter cell! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM3ge6p1M5o. Notice how the guards don't see them till they move out of the shadows!, but of course by then it is to late! :)

If some one can help, I will definitely put you in my credits, as this is a big part of my game, so you will go strait to the top!

Thanks for the help ahead of time!
~prepe~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.