Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP Battle System in RMVX?

Hiya all, does anyone know of a way/script to incorporate RMXP's default battle system into RMVX? See, I really like how easy RMVX is in developing, esp the dialogue boxes, but the default battle system is... well... kinda plain, cause I can't see my heroes, plus I wanna see more action and less words. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

Note: I'm not talking about side-view battle system :)

Atoa

http://www.4shared.com/file/107369884/b ... er_Xp.html

screenzfe.jpg

It's not exactly the same as XP, but it's front view and you can see the party.
Also it shows damape pop up and such

In very theory, it should work if you take all of XP's battle classes, shove them in RMVX and replace the different variable names (such as $game_party.actors, which becomes $game_party.members in VX). If you're working with a non-640x480 resolution, you'd also need to adjust all the values, which might be a pain...
What you'd get is not only a system that's "like the one in RMXP", but also one that's compatible with most scripts out there released for XP's battle system (given you run a replace command on the differences again).

On a side note, XP's battlesystem is kinda plain as well ^^' You might be better off looking for a native custom VX battlesystem instead of that. Otherwise, something like Atoa suggested would probably be the best solution.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.