Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMXP] A free-for-use Window Message system

Hello. I'm making my first commercial indie game and I'm pretty excited over it. However, I can't stand the default message system and the ones out there seem to need a ridiculously expensive license and are too complex for what I need.

I'm looking for a simple system. A window that begins at the x-coordinate 0 and spans 640x160. On top of this I only need italics, bold, letter-by-letter text (with a sound effect) and a smaller box on top of the message for a character's name.

I myself can only move the textbox and change the size; I have no idea how to do the rest. If an experienced or learning scripter would like to try this it would help me out so much. Sometimes simple is just simply better, in my case.

Thank you,
Pia Carrot

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.