Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMVX Samurai RTP Music Supplement Thread

RMVX Samurai RTP Music Supplement Thread

Overview

The intent of this thread is to provide users with free high quality music designed to supplement the RMVX Samurai RTP. The official Samurai RTP release includes no music to accommodate the many new resources it provides. This thread aims to provide users with a broad range of situational music that can be used to supplement most Samurai-inspired RPG scenarios. Music will gradually be released and added to this thread.

Licensing

All songs are composed by me and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. This license permits others to share and remix my work without my explicit permission. However, I do require proper accreditation to be made upon the use of any of my original (or derivative) work. All credit goes to kizoxef.

Music

1: Asian Town Theme - 1.13 MB
2: Misty Forest - 2.72 MB
3: More Songs Coming

Soundcloud Playlist View - here
All music is encoded at 128 kbps Ogg Vorbis format.

How to Download

To download individual songs, click on the song links above and select the download button. The files will be in .ogg format.

96199775.png

Notes

I will continue composing more songs as long as the demand exists. Feel free to suggest what the next song theme should be. Also, if anyone finds any strange errors, please do not hesitate to let me know. Currently all songs are available for download at 128 kbps Ogg Vorbis format. If you would like the song in higher bit rate, just let me know and I will provide you with what you want.

On a side note, my friend Matty is working on a project using the Samurai RTP called Kikumiko. In the near future we will provide a teaser video demonstrating both the Samurai RTP and Samurai RTP Supplemental Music together in action.

Hope everyone finds these resources useful! :D
Feel free to request custom music here!

This is a really cool idea dude, and your tunes are definitely up to snuff. both of the songs you've got so far TOTALLY fit the theme and style that you're going for so great job dude. also on my speakers with the subwoofer and shit they feel really atmospheric.

personally i hate the FEUDALJAPAN setting because I think its overdone (then again so is everything isnt it), but we can't really control what graphics packs enterbrain decides to release. and since this is made to go with that release, then i'd say these are perfect.

this is a great project man and i say keep at it. idk how OPEN enterbrain is to contact these days, but it seems like they're opening up to that kind of stuff: they might be interested in sharing something like this if you made them aware of it.

Thanks! :D I'm hoping to get a lot more songs done in the near future and maybe then we can see what Enterbrain thinks :P

As for my next song, I am going to be working on an Asian battle theme!

Loving the first one, it really works as a sort of general area. Perhaps a slightly modified version could work for a town in that area etc I dunno, I just think that would be a neat effect. Reminds me of Factions (GW) a little but that's probably just the setting.

Second one is very celtic to me. Actually, to be honest, it sounds like the music that native american troubadoors play around my local city for money... but that's probably just the panpipes. Still, has a nice atmosphere to it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.