Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMVX question and answer mini game

first of all sorry for a bad grammar!!

could some one help me, make the script that when hero talk to npc, dialog box sown on the center of the screen!!
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/2500/rmxpeg6.png[/img]
then we must type the answer,
>the answer will change the actor number 13's name,
>and in the npc's conditional branc, if actor number 13's name = "the right answer" so its true

so when we create the npc (that will gave the hero question) we must :
>change actor number 13's name to the answer we want
>make the question and insert the script(to show place where the player type the answer)
>make conditional branc, whether the answer(the word that the player typed) the same with the name of the actor number 13 or not..

note : why actor number 13?? it is because I just want use actor that are not used in the game,, so that It doesn't make problem with the game..

sorry for a very confusing explanation!!

thanks

thanks for the respond!!

"Enter Hero Name"?? you mean "Name input processing"??
nope, that is not like what I expected..
what I want here is "typing", the player must type the answer directly from the keyboard, I remember this kind of script in RMXP..

it is because if it is possible I want to make time allocation/time limitation(the time will be shown on the top right of screen), so time to answer the question is limited, so the player must type as fast as they can..

and again if it is possible I want play a BGM when the question pop up,
so the question will be come like this "what is the title of the song??"
then the player must type fastly and correctly..
I think it is very challenging and train the player's handiness

sorry again if my explanation very confusing,
hopefully you or someone else will make the script..
because I still have many "minigame"s idea

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.