Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RGSS] [RMVX] Particle Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaoumei

Sponsor

Script made by Anaryu. Posted with his permission.
Contact info: anmckell@gmail.com

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Anaryu, not me!
I did not work on this at all. I'm just an artist, not a programmer.

//---Post by Anaryu---//
//================//

RMVX Particle Engine

You've seen these effects all over, in sprite or 3D games, from console to MMOs like World of Warcraft, a Particle Engine is just a fancy term for taking a series of pictures and making them change size, fade out, and move around many times over to make it look like a flame or a bolt of lightning

Update Version:
v1.0 (March 2nd 2008) - Original release.
v1.1 (March 3rd 2008 5:30pm EST) - Added ability to use particles in combat system by adding them into the animations.
v1.1a (March 3rd 2008 7:10pm EST) - Fixed scene change bug, added Green/Blue animation flash values to work for offset, added version commenting.
v1.2 (March 4th, 2008 8:45pm EST) - Added Animation capabilities. (Check the bunny-lady in the house.)

Recommendation:
Due to the system using a lot of sprites it's recommended that the Anti-Lag script be a consideration; it integrates with this system and any sprite the game doesn't have to manage is one more that the Partile Engine can use without lag!

How to use it:
Download the demo and try it out; check the events and look through the script to see how it's set up.

Try the Demo:
http://anamei.net/files/ParticleEngine.zip

Screenshots:

Documentation:

I'm working on it, those of you who aren't comfortable with a little editing and copy/pasting in the Script Editor might want to wait for that.

Of course, it can't hurt to play with it a little, right?

I've been using particle illusion and outputting frames as battle animations for a while now. I'd like to infuse that effect with some real particle effects. This seems handy dandy.

So i'm playing with this and its delightful. its not as powerful and user friendly as PI is but it think that it'll do wonders when combined. If i may be so bolled, is there any chance that you will add function for animated particles? (IE a series of numbered stills that animate as a particle while still following the assigned particle behaviors.)

Yaoumei

Sponsor

Mascarpone":19s7oo2p said:
So i'm playing with this and its delightful. its not as powerful and user friendly as PI is but it think that it'll do wonders when combined. If i may be so bolled, is there any chance that you will add function for animated particles? (IE a series of numbered stills that animate as a particle while still following the assigned particle behaviors.)

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Anaryu, not me!
I did not work on this at all. I'm just an artist, not a programmer.

But, the post has been updated. He just finished an animated particle addition a few minutes ago.

Looks cool :lol: Just wondering, is there a version for XP too? It looks like you used this in World Outside, kudos on that game.

Yaoumei

Sponsor

Regimos":1h3jd401 said:
Looks cool :lol: Just wondering, is there a version for XP too? It looks like you used this in World Outside, kudos on that game.

The particle engine in World Outside was the first one that Anaryu worked on, thus it's not as user friendly. We will be looking into a conversion though, since there's been a couple of requests for the script.

Thanks~ V

how would I call the particle engine to make it display on areas other than the events?

I.e. if i want it to display particles on my title screen or to display on some menu effects in rpg maker?

Please, do NOT necropost! Check the date of the last post before you post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.