Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"reveal" skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone has ever played Golden Sun, this will be VERY easy to understand, as it just "Reveal."

once, or if, my out of battle script comes alive, i need a skill like Reveal.
this is how it works->

-once used and the animation is over, a circular "field of vision" about 4 tiles in all directions is all that the player can see. (everything else is black space)

-this circular field of vision stays centered around where the player used it, and everything in it is grayscale.

-When the player exits this circular space, the skill deactivates, and everything goes back to normal.

-the skill will turn on a switch when it's active, which I will manually make reveal everything, the trick being that though everything is visible, you can only go through what you see!

if you do not understand, or can't do this b/c the out-of-battle isn't out, please check that topic to understand.

this skill can be independent of that. it's animation is just a sound effect and a white flash about 8 frames long.

Kraft

Sponsor

Hehe, I will help you, I will post a game file in a bit.

Kraft
This should not be in the Script section, but in the tutorials or something.

here is the link to a game that I made where that explains how to make and use a reveal spell similiar to the one in golden sun, except for instead of it staying until the player touches the blackness around it, it is on a timer, and it follows the player.

http://www.box.net/public/2gzu4b1a1a

There is the link.

Expect more tutorials from me, I am starting to make severeal of them, and will eventually make a website for myself with them on it (since everyone else has their own site, why not me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.