Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Resolved] [VX] Hide 0MP Cost

ikos

Hey all,

I saw a script a while ago that hid an item's cost if the item is a specific value. (Such as, any item with a cost of 999999g has no "cost value" in shops). I was wondering if you could get it to where skills with a specified MP value (9999mp) will have hidden mp values.

As always, any help is appreciated.
~Ikos out. :thumb:

I'm not particularly familiar with VX, but if you replace this line

self.contents.draw_text(rect, @actor.calc_mp_cost(skill), 2)
in Window_skill (should be the 58th line)

with this

if @actor.calc_mp_cost(skill) != 9999
      end

The mp cost of 9999 will be hidden.

ikos

Doctor":x9m38qmv said:
I'm not particularly familiar with VX, but if you replace this line

in Window_skill (should be the 58th line)

with this

if @actor.calc_mp_cost(skill) != 9999
      end

The mp cost of 9999 will be hidden.

Thanks, doc. :thumb:

ikos

Doctor":27gbpqdg said:
In the future, when you have a request this simple, you should post in RGSS support instead. If not, the mods will eat you.

Ah, I was unaware that you could do that from modding the given scripts. I thought an entirely new script was needed. :\

ikos

Arbiter":29s5tpde said:
ikos":29s5tpde said:
Ah, I was unaware that you could do that from modding the given scripts. I thought an entirely new script was needed. :\

Just because it's an edit to an existing script, does not mean it goes in support, this is just a note for future reference, I mean this COULD go in support, BUT, it's preferable here because it is still technically a request, requesting edits to a script generally go here.

Thanks for the clarification, Arbiter.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.