Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RESOLVED] Localized Weather

Is it possible to make a weather effect happen in one section of a map? Like say I have a big world map, and one part is desert. Is it possible to have a sandstorm in that area?

OS

Sponsor

Well, you could do what most would do, and use a Contact Event to change the weather as you enter a region. If you are talking about a map that fits on the screen (like an item map being viewed), then you should use Characters.

I suppose that you could create an animation of the sandstorm, and have it play over the desert with a Parallel Process event on infinite loop.  If it were me doing it, I think it'd be cool to have an invisible event on a custom move route crisscrossing the desert, constantly playing the sandstorm animation centered on itself.  You'd have a moving sandstorm, which would look, in my opinion, tres cool.

But that's just me.  I'm old and senile.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.