Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Resolved] Advanced Item Menu fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
well yeah I had a great Idea but I suck at scripting  :'(
anyways if you've got the time please help out with my script combo

The Bag Item menu:
Which limits the total amount of items held by the bag size you own
The most important part is the ability to have to throw away items when over the limit

And...

The Grouping and detail Item menu:
Which of course groups items by types and shows an advance description when The "A" button is press

Largest problems: the grouping bar won't work and when you get to the limit of items nothing happens
plus if you do get the

So any ways if you could help out it would be much appreciated

UPLOADED RAR: http://www.mediafire.com/?0mybg4ya2oy

oh yeah and the RAR does contain both scripts
Thanks and you rock!  The Yoshine  ;D

I would love to see the two scripts working together, unfortunately I am not a scripter...  Sooo....  If anyone out there can help out on getting this to work, I feel alot of people will be able to benifite from the fix.

Fenwick

Just Bumping this for: Yoshine

Come on guys and gals....  There must be someone out there who can figure out how to make the two scripts compatible with each other.  I've looked at it, but could only get part of it to work (The choice of - use, discard, cancel) not the whole thing.  Then again, like I said above, I am not a Scripter.

there's something you should know, a scene cannot hold more than 2 menu windows. If you try to add a third menu window, it skips the second menu window and you don't want that to ever happen, right?
As far as I can see, you would always need 2 scene scripts.

Yoshine:  I think I have it working for you now.  I started playing around with it, editing it, etc...  I will try to upload it tonight for you.  The only difference is this:  I have edited some Scene's and added the SDK & MACL to the demo.  I edited the Header of the "Bag Items Script" to explain everything I edited/added to make it work with the "Grouping & Details Script".

EDITED:  I have uploaded a Demo to Megaupload, the link is below:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G9FM5IE5

I Hope this is what you are after, I did a slight different variation using Item Limits with this script for my project.

Fenwick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.