Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Resolution script compatible with pixelmovement

Hi,
I'm using this pixelmovement script ( viewtopic.php?f=11&t=624 ), i wanted to add a resolution script in order to change the game resolution to 320x240, but they are not compatible or give a lot of problems...
Sadly i'm still a noob with rgss, so it's far too complex for my actual scripting skills. :cry:

My request: i'd like a resolution script that is...
1) compatible with the pixelmovent script.
2) change the game resolution to 320x240
3) optional - launch the game in window mode, resized by x2 ( to 640x480 ).

Help :down: ... Please :biggrin:

Sorry for the double post... but i've to ask you something (cause i'm a bit Noob whit the rgss XD)
i've made a fusion between PixelMovement Script (by f0tz!baerchen)... module Resolution (by Squall)... and the Dysplay.dll so right now i can put the Full screen and back... and i can create Map like whit the old RpgMaker2000 but whit the confort of the alpha channel and the script...
But i've still a problem...
I would like to create a script to double the size of the window (in default mode) like in RM2K... where if you push F4 button you change the scale of the window... Someone of you may know how to do it?
i've think about a fusion between the ZoomMap and the module Resolution... but i really don't want to put into the game the rewrited Tilemap class... it gives problem whit some script...
There's a way whitout using the rewrited classes?
thanks a bounch ^.^

Actually, if you use Poccill's rewritten tilemap, you won't have much in the way of problems. As for the resolution, try searching for "resolution script" with my name in the author name box. I've got a few floating around that don't use display.dll, including a version posted in BlueScope's thread.

yeah i've see those script... but the matter is that i don't want to use the Tilemap...
cause the purpouse of this script is to "DownGrade" RMXP to the old resolution... if i use that script a lot of script can't be used...
there isn't a way to scale the window whitout that rewritted class? :\

FenriX`":2vjsd2d3 said:
yeah i've see those script... but the matter is that i don't want to use the Tilemap...
cause the purpouse of this script is to "DownGrade" RMXP to the old resolution... if i use that script a lot of script can't be used...
there isn't a way to scale the window whitout that rewritted class? :\

Why are you afraid of the tilemap? I personally recommend Poccil's, because it works just fine, and has no glaring errors like SephirothSpawn's. If all you want to do is change the screen size without the tile size, I posted a copy that did that, too. If you want, I could actually dig that script out again, and cut the tilesize bits out, but leave the ability to double the screen.

mmm... i'm not pretty sure... just for the begin i can make 2 versions, one whit and one whitout...
but consider that i'm using the Window_Message above the events... the PixelMovement... the Minimap, the caterpillar, the Display.dll and some other stuff... all of this stuff will work whit the rewritted class you've mentioned?
and... the various window and their objects will be scaled too? or only the charas and the tilesets?
cause a want a complete Scale... all the stuff that may appear on the screen... all scaled x2...

FenriX`":eal6kwkc said:
mmm... i'm not pretty sure... just for the begin i can make 2 versions, one whit and one whitout...
but consider that i'm using the Window_Message above the events... the PixelMovement... the Minimap, the caterpillar, the Display.dll and some other stuff... all of this stuff will work whit the rewritted class you've mentioned?
and... the various window and their objects will be scaled too? or only the charas and the tilesets?
cause a want a complete Scale... all the stuff that may appear on the screen... all scaled x2...

All right. As I said, I could rewrite my script to work for your needs. On the other hand, changing the resolution like you plan to be doing will require a rewrite of all the menus and such, as well. I can do that too, although it would probably require a window class rewrite to work properly. And, if you want the tiles to be resized, that actually requires the rewritten tilemap. As for resizing characters and such, its an easy fix. The tilemap itself won't affect anything but the map. (specifically, the tiles on it, when they are displayed in-game) As for display.dll, the whole point of my script is that you don't actually need it. Before I can work on this though, you'll have to clarify exactly what you need. Specifically, I know you want a game at half size. What I don't know is if you want the tiles to be half-size, or if you want the game to launch at half size or full size. Incidentally, the window will always launch in full size, and then automatically be resized by my script. This is an issue with all resolution scripts, though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.