Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Resident Evil 4 Attache Case - (Item Menu)

Woz

If any of you guys have played Resident Evil 4, you would know about the Attache Case for your items Example: it is a grid where your items are placed on & the size of the items depends like, Handgun Bullets takes up to grid squares, wheras the Handgun takes up like 8 grid squares, & every item you pick up in the game will automatically fit itself on the grid, & if it can't, you can rearrange the grid around to make it fit, don't pick up the item (auto-cancel) & if you can buy bigger Attache Cases it increases your Grid Size, if anyone could script that for an Item menu, it would be an awesome Item Menu, especially for anyone making a Resident Evil Game.

Doing this in RMXP would be cool indeed - I might be able to get a hold of the actual graphics used in RE4 for that part.

Edit: http://neopro.orcon.net.nz/tpl.zip
That should help out anyone who intends to do this. The smaller one goes behind the bigger one with the green (transparency) on it, and sits about 48 pixels down. The last one is the one that appears on the right hand side of the screen when you need to move something temporarily.

Woz

Bump!! come on, is there anyone who can do this, cause it would really help some people, including myself to make a cool Resident Evil game, i have already started one & i thought that the item menu Attache Case could be a very cool idea & i'm sure there is someone that can do it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.