Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Reset Level to 1 but retain old Stats

Is there a script available that does this: Character's level is reset to 1 after reaching max level and also after doing a certain task OR obtaining enough points(Exmple: reputation points) BUT RETAIN ALL OF THE OLD STAT VALUES (like strength, int, agility, etc...).

Think Disgaea ;D. You know, where you have the option to reset from current level to level 1  but retain most of the old stats the character had before.

By the way, I almost forgot to mention this part: While the stats are also at its max, it is possible that it might be at its peak. So there should be a way to go beyond the stat limiters. That way, I’ll be able to make a really strong character. OVERPOWERING should be the key word there, hehehe :p

I tried looking for submitted scripts that at least looks like the one I'm looking for, but i just can't seem to find any out there. :(

I'm not too familiar with making scripts in RGSS. So if anyone out there is willing to make a script that does exactly what i stated, please do so....

Thanks so much in advance to whoever is able to help me with this.

For RMXP.

You can do this with events and variables, though you'd be using a lot of variables for each character and each of their stats.

Make a common event in your database for each actor, and in each of those common events have their stats saved as variables whenever they level, perhaps, then when it comes time for them to reset to level 1, reset level to 1 then add the saved variables to each stat for each actor.

If this is too complicated, I can perhaps show you the steps via pictures, but I don't have XP so the eventing scripts are going to be slightly different.

Thanks psiclone. I actually get what you’re trying to tell me. Fikan also suggested that method. I’ll update the contents of my topic to make it clearer. I kind of missed out on some important points.

(While the stats are also at its max, it is possible that it might be at its peak. So there should be a way to go beyond the stat limiters.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.