Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting: Specialization Script~

At the behest of a capable scripter and/or someone who has a bit of free time for this sort of thing, here is what I am requesting:

An ability point-buy system similar to that of Dragon Age II where you require specialization points to go into ability sets and then require AP or ability points to acquire abilities. It will be required to search for what specializations and abilities the character already possesses and be persistent with them. the system will be general so there is no need for the script to be tailored per character. To note, anything in parenthesis, they have to make a choice.

This is how it is going to go.
Medic (Specialization) - > First Aid - > Stabilize - > Field Surgery - > Regeneration

Strengthen (Specialization) - > Aspect of Nature(Hawk/Bear/Wolf) - > Bulwark - > Elemental Aegis - > Aspect of Dragon (Skin/Breath)

Weaken (Specialization) - > Drain Aspect(Power/Body/Speed) - > Hemorrhage - > Shatterpoint - > Schism

Psychic (Specialization) - > Telekinesis - > Empathy - > Telepathy - > Teleport

The players will start with one AP and SP at level 1, and gain one AP at every three levels and one SP at every ten levels. Here's a further breakdown, I did this in about a minute.

ekp1zm.jpg

When you select one of the icons (which will be pulled from the actual skill icon), you get a small section reading the skill's description and asking you if you want to spend an AP on it. Also at the bottom center will be a horizontal list of AP and SP left.

Thanks mate - Even if you aren't directly doing this for me, your help is very much appreciated. I can understand about having no time, between looking for work, college, and doing all the chores and things that need to be done around the house.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.