Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting an Elemental Attribute Section

Okays me redoing my request since i read Wings style of requesting ^^
To start off I have many things to request but I'm just going to stick with just these three as it is the most important part of my project. What I am intending is remaking the great Grandia game that I had played when I was 9 years old and it has made a big impact on my RPG life. Even now I still play it a few times for inspiration. If you havn't played this game before you sure are missing something.

Introduction

Due to my limited knowledge in RGSS, I'm having a bit of trouble creating the script(s) needed in order to fill this request. So I was hoping some of the more experienced users out there would be able to fill in the spot and solve this problem I seem to be having.

This script that I am requesting will be split into three parts (so it is much easier for a noob like scripter to see how you did it), starting off with a whole new set of attribute section (like Defence, Agility and all those) but what I am intending it so that Magic Attributes and Magic Resistance Attributes can be used (I will clear it up with screenshots). The second script I am requesting
is a bonus which would be a great help for me if you could script it, the fuction of the script is an addon to the first one, and that is when a magic attribute is leveled (eg. fire) the magic based attack (eg Ba-Boom, this is a skill which has fire attribute to it) is increased. The final script I am looking for which is an addon once again, is elemental recovery, another word if I used water magic on a water creature it would recover it (i'll explain more fully down below).

I know this is a big ask but if you guys would be so kind to look at it and try to attempt it I would be very grateful.

Elemental Attribute

The basis of the Elemental Attribute, I will break it down even more for what I am actually looking for something similar to this.

=====================[Elemental Attribute]=====================
| |
| Character Name: [Input Character Name] |
| |
| Magic Level:[Input Magic Level Here] |
| Fire Level:[Input Fire Level Here] |
| Water Level: [Input Water Level Here] |
| Wind Level: [Input Wind Level Here] |
| Earth Level:[Input Earth Level Here] |
| Lighting Level:[Fire X Wind/2 Level Here] |
| Ice Level:[Water X Wind/2 Level Here] |
| |
| Magic Resistance |
| Fire Resistance:[Fire X Magic Defence /100] |
| Water Resistance:[Water X Magic Defence /100] |
| Wind Resistance:[Wind X Magic Defence /100] |
| Earth Resistance:[Earth X Magic Defence /100] |
| Lighting Resistance:[Lighting X Magic Defence /100] |
| Ice Resistance:[Ice X Magic Defence /100] |
| |
==========================================================

For the element resistance, I was hoping that any damage done by an Elemental creature would go into the equation of Damage-[Element Resistance] = Damage Done. Or something like that, hope it is easy to do.

For the gap I was hoping it could have an imported picture from the Picture folder. Like the Characters picture would be nice. Well anyways yeah this view should be viewable at the Menu, another words another Section adding I guess ^^ll.... ummm how can I explain it more?....hehe i dont think I can.

Well that's it for part one of my script ^^ I hope it would be user friendly so I can easily input data and so on.

Elemental Attribute Addon 1

This part is just an addon for the script I am requesting above. What it is suppose to do is that it adds more damage to the element based attack. Let me give you an example. If fire level is 6 and I have a fire attack called Ba-Boom, I want it so that when the fire element levels the Ba-Boom's attack would level. So it doesnt render some skills useless later in the game. I found a similar script here on RMXP.ORG but it was skill based, which is abit different than what I really wanted. What I am going to show below is something I want the script to be similar.

Fire level: 6
Magic Attack: BaBoom
MP Needed: 14
Intial Damage: 26

Fire Level: 7
Magic Attack: BaBoom
MP Needed: 15
Intial Damage: 28

Something similar to that. This sounds simple thou I am too dumb to actually making the script ^^ll still reading through the ruby coding guide.
Anyways that is about it for script too ^^

Elemental Attribute Addon 2
Final and last script I need for this Elemental Attribute would be this addon, which helps battling elemental monsters
Hehe another example to clarify things more ^^

Monster: Water Blob
Element: Water
Level: 16
Water level: 5
Fire [R]: 50%
Water [R]: -200%
Wind [R]: 100%
Earth[R]: 500%
Lighting [R]: 200%
Ice [R]: 50%

And when I use Water based magic it heals the water blob, if I use fire base attack the damage gets divided in half and so on. What I am trying to do is make it so the game would do these calculations then give the final damage which would be done to the monster. So here goes the chart

Fire beats Ice
Ice beats Lighting
Lighting beats Water
Water beats Fire and Earth
Earth beats Wind

Something like that, if you could help me with it, it would surely help.
Please and thank you ^^

Ending Statment

Thank for reading this boring and long request, but I do hope someone out there with the experience could help guide me ^^

*bump* (reason: since I updated the whole request so it gives a full detail on what I am seeking for, if this is not appropriate then I apologise right here for my wrong doing)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.