Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting a real dungeon generator

I'd like to request a dungeon generator for RMXP or RMVX that generates the dungeon everytime the player enters the map, like it was in RM2K3. I don't understand why that option wasn't in RMVX >_>

EOG

That option is in VX. Just PPM on map and set random dungeon.

One other way to create maps is using the Random Dungeon Generator to make a map using autotiles. You can access this by right clicking your map on your map folder. To set passability of tiles, if whether you're using VX or TilesetEditor to edit your tiles, O is an area that you can walk on, X is an area that you can't walk on, and (star) is an area that you can pass behind.

Taken form this tutorial

EOG: That option is in VX. Just PPM on map and set random dungeon.

Quote:
One other way to create maps is using the Random Dungeon Generator to make a map using autotiles. You can access this by right clicking your map on your map folder. To set passability of tiles, if whether you're using VX or TilesetEditor to edit your tiles, O is an area that you can walk on, X is an area that you can't walk on, and (star) is an area that you can pass behind.

Taken form this tutorial
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm afraid you lost me there:
What do you mean by PPM?
And that thing about the random dungeon generator, I right klicked the map but found no option for edit the tiles.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.