Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting a merger - ToS menu and NF's Particles

Just as the topic states!  I'm requesting a merger between the Tales of Symphonia Menu System, and Near Fantastica's Particle Engine.

Whenever I bring up the menu, particle effects playing onscreen disappear (despite the background still being visible under the menu.)  Then, when i close the menu, the particle effects don't reappear again!  They stay off until another particle effect is turned on, in which they will turn on with it, or until you leave the map and return again.  My understanding of the ToS menu is that it basically takes a 'snapshot' of the screen and displays that under the menu rather than actually having the map itself underneath.  So I am completely fine with particle effects disappearing while the menu is up.  However, I would like the particle effects to resume immediately after closing back out of the menu.  If anybody could do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if you could somehow get the particle effects to run during the menu underneath too, that would be an awesome bonus.  But, it's far beyond my requirements and my knowledge of RGSS tells me that it may be much more trouble to do than it's worth.  So if you can do this portion as well as the above, great, but if not I can live without it just fine.  Making the particle effects return after closing the menu is most important!

Tales of Symphonia Menu System - Latest version is 2.4.3, I'm using it.  Grab the demo.

NearFantastica's Particle System - The link leads to a lighting tutorial that combined a how-to for photoshop glow effects and NearFantastica's Particle System to create realistic looking lighting.  Seeing as this was the only copy of the system I could even find on .org, be sure to download his tutorial demo and examine the particle script within.

Thanks in advance to whoever takes this up.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.