Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request to make this battle system

RuGeaR

owh... okie... sorry...  :neutral: well, actually, i only want one thing from this battle system. The rest is kinda hard, i guess...
anyway, there's a 'time line' at the bottom of the screen... it looks like this (except without the numbers):

1                              2      3
|..............................|......|

- During battle, each battler (both allies and enemies) will have an indicator of them moving along the 'time line'.
- At the beginning of the battle, each battler's indicator will be randomly placed between point 1 and point 2, but usually the one with the highest speed will be nearest to point 2 and the ones with lower speed will be nearer to point 1.
- When the battle begin, all battlers' indicators will start to move along the 'time line' towards point 2. the one with higher speed, of course, will move slightly faster than the others.
- When a battler's indicator reach point 2, that battler will be able to select battle commands (Attack, Defend, Items, Skills, etc...).
- By selecting normal attack and defend, the indicator will move to point 3 immediately for execution.
- By selecting items or skills, the indicator will continue to move towards point 3, but the speed depends on the speed penalty to cast or use a skill or item. The higher the speed penalty, the slower the indicator will move. When the indicator reach point 3, the skills will be executed or the item will be used.
- After an action is executed, the indicator will go back to point 1 immediately and start moving along the 'time line' again, and so the process repeats.
- Oh, for skills/magic, the battler will be charging or casting as his/her indicator is moving along between point 2 and point 3.
- Another thing: for defend, that battler will just defend until his/her next turn. In other words, after Defend is selected, the battler will defend, and his/her indicator will move back to point 1 and move normally until it reaches point 2 (for another command select). Take note that while the indicator is moving, that character will still be defending. He/she will only stop defending when he/she is ready for a command selection time.

that's all i need, i guess... i kinda like this kind of turn-based (or speed-based) battle system.  :smile:

oh, i want it compatible with TBS... :smile:

p/s: sorry my english is not really good. I'm not English... Just a typical asian from a muslim country.  :smile:

If you really do want a custom battle system, I suggest you pay for it or find one somewhere else on the internet because no way will an experienced scripter make a CBS for free unless he's feeling real generous. 

RuGeaR

uhh... it's for VX, by the way...

umm... well, for now i don't need the battle system where the characters move here and there... i just need the time/speed line/bar for the turn system... ^_^

EDIT: i mean Kylock's Translated Side View Battle System... opps... =p

You mean the RPG Tankentai Battle System? If so that's an SBS (Side-view Battle System), not TBS (Tactical Battle System). And so basically you're asking for a more advanced version of the Final Fantasy limit break? Little bits of general information like that can help scripters understand you a bit more, I think.
Also, the Battle System itself isn't Kylock's, just some of the addons are his, but he did translate it.

RuGeaR

HotSpot6":11kpp237 said:
You mean the RPG Tankentai Battle System? If so that's an SBS (Side-view Battle System), not TBS (Tactical Battle System). And so basically you're asking for a more advanced version of the Final Fantasy limit break? Little bits of general information like that can help scripters understand you a bit more, I think.
Also, the Battle System itself isn't Kylock's, just some of the addons are his, but he did translate it.

ehehe... my bad~ =p
thanks for correcting... ^_^
uhh... it's not actually limit break...
it's a timing system, i guess... or whatever you call it... -.-"

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.