Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Request] RTAB, Charged Spells

Hi.

As the topic title says, I want a script that uses a different type of spell; charging and unleashing power, preferably one that works with Cogwheel's RTAB system v1.16.

I may have missed something through search, so bear with me.

The way I want it to work is that, when a character uses this type of spell, the cost of the spell is initially 0.

Now you are able to hit a command to select the character that's using the spell and release it using a special command. I'm wondering though, if there's a way to just make it so that it is still your character's "turn" when this type of spell is used, yet time will still tick by for the other characters in wait mode, which my RPG revolves around.

As time ticks by (based on the RTAB ticks), your SP/MP starts draining, but the spell gets stronger.

Edit: If you charge enough the spell animation changes. Edit 2: Is there a way to keep your character in a different animation while they're waiting for the skill time to finish? Could use that also for the charging. Sorry for asking so much!

Again, I may have missed something, because I'm quite bad at figuring out what other descriptions to describe this system.

Thank you so much in advance.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.