Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request of the VX kind

Lunchbox19464431":3az2iwwr said:
I was wondering if there was a script for RMVX that allowed you to use the 4 x 4 sprites of RMXP? If not can someone write it?
Dude, you can convert one yourself easy. Delete the first column of the RMXP sprite sheet and save with a $ dollar sign before the file name.

Yes I realized that, but I want to use RMXP sprites w/o getting rid of a column, I want to use the full 4 x 4 sheets in VX, and for that Im sure Id need to change something in the script, but since I am not versed in Ruby and being that I am taking C++ I dont have time to learn ruby as well w/ my college studies I hoped that someone else could help me or tell me.

If it's character sheets with XP you tend to not even need the first column so you can delete that fine, just remember to save with $ infront of it.
Why do you need to save the useless first column? It's only needed for extra object frames (Which aren't needed) or so a bird can flap it's wings higher (also pointless)
If it's laziness then stop being lazy. Or program yourself an XP to VX sprite sheet converter with the C++ you're learning  :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.