Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[REQUEST] Notepad ingame ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea this hopefully will be the best script I ever will see. Like holy it allows less scripting (no-quest log), you could different smaller/bigger, parchment, you could use a call scene so you could have items for notepadding! Someone should really take this request into action. This will add much realisticism into a game it's not funny. I am no scripter, but if I was I would do this request. Someone please help us out here   :wink:...

EDIT: This should also allow for certain space limits and allow for certain types of notepad to have a different ammount of lines and their own call script. This would be perfect for many people. AGAIN SOMEONE PLEASE DO THIS REQUEST FOR ME AND JBRIST!!!

Jason

Awesome Bro

You do realise I wouldn't release it right ? Why do you think I asked if I could have it PM'ed to me ?
Sorry but I need some uniqueness in my game so I can't share the scripts I use, not until it's released anyway.

O man  :cry: that sucks. Well to add uniqueness to a game come up with different ideas then anyone else. But not too different to stray from the path of an RPG. Almost every game has around the same plotline  :crazy:. This is one of the reasons why some games succeed (ex. Doom).

EDIT: Also sorry to say (don't take this as any offense), but I don't think that many people will want to spend numerous hours making a script only they and you can use. They would want to release it (it kinda defeats the purpose of making the script).

Jason

Awesome Bro

Sorry, but no it doesn't defeat the purpose, your just pissed I don't wish to share it.

Go cry to the guy who made the battle system for Kingdom Hearts Advance, that is custom made for the guys game, so don't come telling me that scripts are meant to be shared, just because you want a script that you can't have.

I'm not saying that scripts are always meant to be shared. I'm just saying that most people release scripts after requests.

EDIT: And this script probably hasn't even been made yet. That's assumming that they are going to make it or someone will find it. But they probably will...

Jason

Awesome Bro

diablosbud, let me just say, I don't care what you think, and obviously it hasn't been made why do you think I'm REQUESTING it to be made ?

Also, stop coming on my thread to start an arguement, if you need a script, request one yourself, don't keep bugging me to let you use the one I get, because it just won't happen.

Please leave by the designated exit (Back button in top left of your screen), thankyou.

Spoo

Sponsor

Jbrist, stop being an ass.  It's not your decision to tell the author of any script whether he can or can't release it to the public.  Hell, as far as I know, probably no one will even script this for you.  Mainly because you're acting like a jerk.  Have fun being script-less!

mawk

Sponsor

I agree, dude. There are reasons you're not allowed to ask people to PM the product to you. You're getting scripts by virtue of the community here; you can't screw the community out of its own sweat and tears. If you were maybe doing something in return, you could ask that it remain exclusive (as it would be a sort of business transaction type thing at that point,) but as it stands you're just being a twat. If you really, really want to be the only one to have a certain script, script it yourself, pay someone real money to make it, or give up.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Oh sorry, this can be closed now haha, I managed to get someone to do this for me like 4 hours ago haha, and in return I'm doing him a few sprites (5) for his game, lol.

Can this be closed, it's been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.