Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(REQUEST): I really need a stat point system, please help! (Please read)

Ok, basically what I need is an ability point system in which you can level up all your stats, including HP and SP.

Features Wanted

• A custom-made window set-up
  • Able to adjust with left and right keys
  • Adds or subtracts 10 pts if you hold onto v and press either right or left
  • Adds or subtracts 100 pts if you hold onto b and press either right or left
  • Shows Equipment
  • Lets me adjust the values easily
  • Lets me set the maximum number you can level a stat up to
  • Adjusts all stats including HP and SP
  • Adds 10 points to health for each stat point

IMAGE : I am very very sorry, I couldn't upload an image, but I did the best I could to make this text based image.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                           l                                                                                                                         
             Distribute                 l                                      AP Left: (how much AP the character has)                        
                                           l
                                           l         HP:     <<(The actor's current HP)>>    AGI: <<(The actor's current agility)>>
               Next                      l
                                           l         SP:    <<(The actor's current SP)>>    DEX: <<(The actor's current dexterity)>>
                                           l
             Previous                   l         STR:   <<(The actor's current STR)>>  INT: <<(The actor's current intelligence)>>  
                                           l
                                           l
                Exit                      l
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
l                  (Actor's Graphic)                             l
l                                                                      l   Actor Name
l                                                                      l                        
l                                                                      l   Actor's Class
l                                                                      l   Level: (Actor's level)
l                                                                      l   EXP: (actor's exp)/(exp needed for next level up)
l                                                                      l   Equipment
l                                                                      l   (Here, list all the equipment the actor has. Icon's would be great)
l____________________________________________l_______________________________________________________________

In the top left corner, in a small box make the commands Distribute, Previous, Next, and Exit. I want it so that if you select distribute, it would go into the top right corner window, and let you choose one of the stats. After choosing one, i want to be able to add however many points I want to add using the left and right keys. I want Next to be used to go choose the next actors AP screen, previous, same thing except its obviously the previous actor, and I want exit to make a small dialogue window saying Save Changes and giving the choices Yes, no, and Cancel. yes saves the changes made to your stats, no cancels them, and cancel does nothing ( it leaves you in the AP menu)

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who even attempts to help me.  ;). Also, if there's anything wrong with my post, tell me, please. I will fix it ASAP.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.