Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request: Button Input Skills NOT in Battle

Howdy.

I have found scripts for a Carnival-Strength type of mini-game, one that works in the main map, and one for Button-Input skills used in combat, but I was wondering if anyone had made (or could make) a combination of these two?

Want I would like, specifically, is a script that would call a timer and present a button input sequence that the player has to complete successfully in order for an event or skill in the world map to work successfully. For example, if your main character wants to pick a lock successfully, they have to input a certain sequence of keys before the timer runs out, and the buttons must be pushed in order but if you take too long on one input, it continues to the next. If you push a certain percentage of all of the inputs at the proper time, then it is successful. Otherwise, you fail and have to try again. If these could be conditional on a variable assigned to a skill or trait that the character possesses, that would be even better.

I have done some searching and have been unable to find anything like this, but if there is something I would greatly appreciate someone pointing it out to me. If not, if someone with some scripting skill could create it, I would love you forever, and I am sure others might be interested in something like this, also.

Thank y'all kindly,
Me

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.