Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[REQ] Special Screen Effect

ok description of the scene:

Hero has just beaten a major boss. However the boss managed to activate at the last second before he dies a system in the room that begins warping the room around the hero and pushing him out of his space/time into a chaos space area.

What I need:

I need a screen effect that will distort the surrounding terrain, like stretches and wobbles it before turning into a twisting maelstrom. Basically like an overhead view of a hurricane in the way the screen twists with the hero being in the center of the eye so to speak. Only the background around the hero should suffer the warp, the character himself should remain normal and above the effect.

And of course the author of this script will have their name placed in my project. I'd like the effect to be implemented through a simple call script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.