Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[REQ] Custom Battle System

What I am doing is making a simulation style rpg and needing a zelda like battle system. I am using a ring menue already. I am not good with scripting but if I can get this system out of the way I can work on the rest myself.

What I plan is to allow for all sorts of actions in game including:

-Using a hoe to till fields
-watering can to water crops
-axe to chop wood or attack npc's/soldiers
-hammer to build own house and work repair things and like the axe can attack npc's/soldiers
-pick for mining and can double as weapon
-standard swing sword
-block with a shield
-and fire a bow and arrow at targets from a distance for hunting food or killing

Item wise nothing stacks so a potion would take up an item slot which means I need an addition to the ring menue to limit the amount of items that can be carried. Like can only carry 2 weapons at any given time while crops, potions and such will only allow for 20 item slots.

Also will need a storage box script that gives 3 types of storages, items, weapons and a closet for clothing.

Key wise, I'd like to keep the defaults of Menue and talking events the same. And just add 2 new buttons, one that uses the weapon item, and the second for maybe dashing like in the zelda game only lasting a short duration and would need a recharge between dashes.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.