Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random Class-Changing script before a battle

Maus

Hi, everybody!

Let's see, my script request:

In my game I want to create a character who is beset by multiple personalities and , through a little quirk of his, changes professions randomly when one of the personalities takes over. This wouldn't be much of a problem in-game during cut-scenes and story-intensive moments, but I would like to have it happen randomly in battle, so he becomes somewhat of a wild card. Initially he has two personalities "on board" (so to speak), but near the end of the game a third, more dominant personality (and belonging to a unique profession) appears. Also, another effect of this is that his name changes. For example, he begins as "Kadar", but when entering battle, the roll dictates one of the personalities will take over, so you get the message: "Osric the Hunter becomes the dominating personality", and the name now changes to "Osric".

I know it sounds a bit of a pain, but I would like to see if anyone could help me by creating this script. I am not very much of a programmer, so please be patient with me and don't forget to tell me what the trigger is, and how to unlock the third personality when the time is right.

I hope I wasn't too muddled. Thank you!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.