Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Radio/iPod scipt request for VX

Hello everyone. Tach here.  I'm making a modern VX game(yes you read right) where the main character drives a vehicle and I would like it so that it has the ability to play
music, but you can change it to a certain station
(Ex:I'm listening to 98.5 Southern rap, but I change it to 94.9 Old school rap or to 104.7 Alternitave rock) by pressing maybe a certain key. 
I was wondering if there was a script to do this.  It could also be an iPod script where the player could change the song on the go.

So far I know theres an XP iPod script but this is for VX.
If you can do this for me, I'll be eternally grateful, and I'll,of course, credit you for this

Sounds a bit complecated... Why don't you just make it so that the skill last a little longer to make up for that one turn lost. INFACT, you can make the skill a lot stronger and use the 1 turn take up as a good way to balance the skill out. I'm not sure why you need a script on this one to fix something you can actualy use to your advantage.

Anyway... To answer your question just you a button prosses to make it look for a key then make a conditional branch to find the number that its looking for. Then just simply change the bgm. You can generate the BGM's randomly if you wanted to or in order by the use of veriables and conditional branches. Not that hard to do. Best of luck to you!

BTW if this dons't compleatly help you can simply PM me. I told you In your game post I would be glad to help you! Lol.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.