Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quicksave feature?

Ok...I'm looking for a script that adds a quick save option to the menu like from final fantasy games.

What I need want is the normal menu, but with an added option for "quick save" which will allow the user to save when the normal save isn't allowed. Then it will quit them back to the title screen with a new option to "load quick save".

p.s. I hope this is enough detail, simple request (but idk how to script so...) thanks for any help given  :thumb: and if you need any more info, please tell me.

Ok, since I haven't gotten any replies yet...I will make an attempt to make this slightly more specific.

What I am looking for is a quick-save feature that allows you to save in dungeons when the normal save is disabled. The catch is, that I want it to return them (the player) to return to the title screen after they "quick-saved". This way people can save in dungeons and continue playing at a later time (like final fantasy games quick save).

More info below (in spoiler)

Note: If possible, make this SDK compatible (some of my other scripts I'm using require it, if not, I can try and find a way around that issue :grin:)
What I want for the title screen is once the player presses quick-save, I want it to redirect them to the title screen after they save. Then I want it to add the option "quick save" or "load quick save" above the option "continue". Then when the person/player clicks that, it removes that option and allows the player to continue from where they left off, and only one quick save file may be saved at a time. The process will then repeat by doing what is stated above.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp13 ... _Title.png[/img]

Then for the menu screen, I would like to add the quick save right above "save" This button can be accessed from anywhere in the game and will allow the user/player to save, even if normal save is disabled. Once pressed, it will do what I stated above the first picture.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp13 ... Screen.png[/img]

I'm not much of a scripter and I hope I'm not asking too much, so...
Thanks in advance, and I hope this is more specific and I can get some help :thumb:

I guess there only need for someone who can read ruby easly since i know a way but cant apply it since i dnt know what to modefy.

1-Make the spacebetween the options smaller by reducing the variant inthe ruby code of the menu

2-Add an option Qicksave between Save and End Game

3- Make it activate another script that will create a file with your save in it and thatwill bring you back to the title

4- Make the same thing  but with the title screen and make it delete the file after reading it or making or loading a game so the users cant cheat using one that always stays.

Thats about all there has to be inthe system.
Its actually real simple onceyou get the hang of the Ruby language.
Hope thanks to my help someone will undestandbetter how to make your system.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.