Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quick order change?

I feel kind of foolish asking this, but I don't see any Change order commands, just change party..

I'm using Prexus' ABS script, and I have multiple characters in my party.
The game is based off of swapping in between characters for their special abilities

However, I can get it to swap who the main character is by using "conditional branch if key L is pressed- Remove char: hero 1- Add char: Hero 2 -Add char: Hero 1" that makes Hero 2 the one you're controlling on the map, however when swapping back and forth, since you're removing the characters and adding them again... their HP is reset..

Is there a command I'm overlooking in order to swap the order your characters are in? Without resetting their stats?

OS

Sponsor

I think you need a script for that. Try looking in the downloads or submitted scripts. I could have sworn there were a bunch of Party Changer Scripts, allowing you to switch members into a kind of character bank to be switched back in later. Peace!

Ya but I didnt want a menu sort of thing..
I wanted a quick button swap change..

Because it'd be a pain to constantly open the menu, and drag your characters around insted of just tapping a button

And also, witht that party swapping thing...
I cant find anyway to read who's in front...
And I kind of need that, because I have it flick on switches like
"Controlling hero 1" and thats how the specials are defined

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.