Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quest Objective Box ?

Jason

Awesome Bro

Hey, I was thinking, it would be cool in my game, to have objectives.

Now, i'm not too fond of the ones going around, so I'd like a script which works like so:

You are given a quest from someone, and it calls a script which places a box at the bottom of your screen (Can be placed anywhere with co-ordinates), which says like: "Objective: Blaa Blaa Blaa", and when that is met, you call another script which activates another objective, I don't know how you'd get this to work as I have very low, almost no knowledge of scripting, I have tried this with events and pictures, but I would rather use a proper script and get it done without the hassle of all this happening.

Thanks to anyone willing to do this, JBrist.

IMO, this would probably be easier to just use events with pictures and switches/variables. If you used a script, it would be the same as calling a picture in the event, except you would use a script call instead. Also, customizing a script would probably be harder than events.

You could use a script, but I think events would be much easier.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.