Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

PS4 vs XBOXone

We seem to have completely missed the debate in the run up to their release. Now that they're out which, if any, did you buy, and why? And do you regret your purchase?

Xbox One:
PS4.jpg

Nintendo PS4:
Xbox%20One%201-580-90.jpg

Spoo

Sponsor

I haven't heard of any huge problems with the XBO's launch, at least, so that's a plus.

Don't really care about either one at this point. I'll probably grab a One around March of next year, when the titles I actually give a shit about start arriving. Never really had any incentive to buy a PS4; most of my IRL buds are either PC or Xbox kind of peeps.

My dad wants an xbox one but I'll probably pass on either to be honest. I bought the XBOX 360 when it was reasonably new, for £260, and very shortly after the price dropped to £99. But then you know that eventually the Xbox 4 would be announced so it would be once again old technology.

I'd rather have a PC that I can keep updating as and when I need to.

Fusty

Sponsor

I have barely been paying attention to the new consoles, since I've completely stepped over to PC gaming. If I end up buying a new one it will probably be an Xbox One though, since the only exclusive game I really want so far is the next Halo game. But it will all depend on how much the price will drop over time and whether there are more exclusives that will make it worthwile.

People seem to be hating on the Xbox One a lot though. Apparently it had a couple of issues regarding the disk drive already. And I've heard about problems with the PS4 as well.

Yeah, the ps4 had a lot of controller issues. Like accidently hitting the touch screen or share button part when pressing triangle/square. Or if you have a glossy TV the blue light is going to reflect badly. I'm not all that interested in anything. I think I've experienced too many disappointments with the last generation.

PC gamer still. I'm waiting for day that consoles win me over but they lack so much that a PC can offer, the only console I have incentive to buy are Nintendo machines as they have exclusive games that are actually good. If I were to choose Xbone or PS4, I'd go PS4 because its more powerful so I'd expect it to have a more favourable game library at the end of it's life span.

Both machines are using PC parts so you can currently build a $500 PC that is more powerful than an Xbone, this is the first generation where buying a gaming PC is the same price as a console, so I think that will be interesting to watch as the platforms mature.

Injury

Awesome Bro

I'm happily waiting for a Steambox...We'll see. PCs will always have the edge over consoles. In terms of rollout, it has been shaky for both companies. I see Xbox having a better library in the long run, but PS4 having longevity in terms of console life...It will be interesting when developers get past the initial development stuff...

I personally prefer the PS4 for 4 reasons...

1. Sony made the playstation, ps2 and ps3, all of which (especially ps1 and ps2) have been absolutely godlike consoles

2. I would never buy a console thats main focal point is not gamin, microsoft stated that the XBox One would be focused on social networking and media streaming instead of just gaming... I have a PC, I don't need another one... and I don't like call of duty or FIFA, so other than Halo, XBox one has nothing to offer.

3. Common sense suggests I should go with the console that "got it right" the 1st time as opposed to the XBox that needed to be changed a lot just so people were willing to buy it. last minute changes on microsofts part means the console wasn't good and has now been rushed into what they hope will be a good console, PS4 on the other hand was already spot on.

4. XBox One's have already started going wrong... 'nuff said

As a fan off the XBox 360 I personally feel let down by the One. The console that at one point had me all excited now just makes me feel glad I went back to sony for my gaming fix.

For me its definitely Xbox 360. Its far more reasonable than PS4 and also there are many games which are not PS4 compatible until now. That's a big disadvantage.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.