Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Projectile shooting script request

I Request The Following: :thumb: Its for a Gauntlet-like game for RPG maker XP.

Projectile shooting script:
for
RMXP
Detailed Description:
I wish for this script to work in the following ways:
-When "D" is pressed...
A graphic [Being the projectile] will appear that will show an arrow, magical orb, throwing knife, bullet, or axe, depending on the character.
-When the Graphic hits an enemy, the enemy will execute the common even I have made that will send the monster back until it is recalled by its originating spawner [aka fortification], unless that fortification is destroyed, then the monster will not respawn.
-If the projectile hits the wall, the projectile will vanish

I want it to work kind-of like it does in Gauntlet II (Arcade), when you press the shoot button, all of the above ways I want this script to work is executed.

Text example
p= player
*=executes
r= projectile
E=enemy
W=wall
> V < ^ = projectile paths

example 1:
w
P*r>>>>>>>>>> E w
w
If
^
^
E
or
E
V
V
before r>E
then:
E w
R>w (result: projectile is destroyed)
w

but if

r>E (enemy gets hit)

Then R>E (result: projectile is destroyed and enemy being destroyed executes the proper common event)

--------
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
None
--------
I am in to rush to get this script, so take your time. :) Although I would atleast like this to be done. Please help!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.