Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Profiles are fixed

jamie

Profiles are fixed, the links to profiles on forum posts are working too. Yay!

Now Yeyinde can stop bugging me about it! Yay! ^_^

[Mods, please move this to announcements. Thanks!]

Mea

Oh thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...

I can work on my game from work again!

(oh wait, did I say that out loud? O_o )

Seriously though, thanks for getting these up again.

Hmm..I'm glad that SOME form of a profile now is running, however it seems rather unusual that we have two links to a user's profile in the postbit, yet both point to Zoints. Couldn't we get the text link below the avatar to post to the user's normal profile?

Yaoumei

Sponsor

I've been trying to update my icon and signature, but I just get sent to blank white pages that aren't doing anything. This happens when I try to look at my subscribed threads or any other option on the profile really.

Anonymous

Generally you should test things before applying them on your live copy, but whatever.

ccoa

And generally you should know what's going on before you comment, lest you stick your foot in your mouth. It had nothing to do with anything I or anyone else did (which was nothing), it was a problem on the server end.

Anonymous

I know everything that happened and what's going on =o

So maybe it could have been that your old cheap shared hosting that you were trying to squeeze usage out of (you must be making so much profit from those ads you're trying to force on everyone, why stay on oversold cheap hosting :S) was PHP 4 only, whereas now you're on falcon you probably have 5.x. That wouldn't be your fault, correct, though whoever wrote the Zoints Hey-am-I-web2.0-yet-look-I-say-"social"-and-"solutions"-lots!-nowgimmetraffic&monies lame profile script thing (am I myspace yet :V - the first thing I did was try and get to the normal VB profile page, though you can't :/) must have actually been trying to write code that got around PHP 5's stellar backward compatibility.

For god knows how long you had it linking to a wrong domain, which would have needed just one setting or DB string updated. Though that is alot of work, I understand.

Though like you pointed out, you did exactly nothing.

I don't mean to come across as ungrateful, I'm happy now it's finally working. Well, usable, looks like you still have some things slightly wrong, let's take bets on another 3 months!), but the praise is confusing =x A number of things I do on a site of mine are keep an identical local copy on a local server, identical down to the software versions and relevant php.ini and httpd.conf et cetera and test, double check and throw every scenario at anything I write. Result being, nothing like that and even if I'd have let such a huge error slip through, I wouldn't have sat on my ass for 3 months, I'd have worked at it until the problem was squashed out.

In before long rebuttal abstaining all laziness/sloppiness or member suck ups.

Anonymous

hi silverline

also three things

1) erk/ccoa are adults with stressful offline lives who do hobby things on the internet. having OFFLINE THINGS to deal with kindof prevents them from doing hobby things on the internet. we (slacked) could not do the dragonkid.org thing; erk or ccoa would have had to do it, and it was eventually done. nobody sat on their ass; nobody could do anything about it because the only two people who could were dealing with things more pressing than OH FUCK THE PROFILES DONT WORK WHAT WILL I DO.

2) zoints is shit. i hate myspace but myspace and invisionfree forums do pretty much the same thing as zoints and do it like 10x better.

3) there was no laziness or sloppiness and anyone who sucks up is dumb. we COULD NOT FIX IT without ccoa/erk, as i mentioned before. the great big wide world is slightly more important than the internets if you are not making a profit off of the internets. nobody killed themselves over the lack of working zoints for a little while, though i will say right now that its USE does not justify the means required to make it not run like a piece of shit.

ccoa

I knew if I gave you some rope, you'd hang yourself with it, Silverline. ^_^ I can't figure out why you keep coming back if you hate us and everything we do so very much. Is it boredom? Is your little site that dull that you have to force yourself to come here? Or do you really have so little to do with your life that you have to hang out at places you hate just to kill time?

This site is not profitable, by a long shot. I have no idea where you got that erroneous assumption, but the ads + subscriptions barely pay for the site, and then not always. This site has many times in the past been paid for out of my own and Erk's pocket.

Actually, real estate barrel, only Erk has any control over the dragonkid domain, and he wasn't around at the time. Pesky old real life, you know. And I'd been on vacation for several months prior to that, including most of the time the profiles were down (and including the time that they were installed). Interesting that you didn't know that, you who claim to know all.

Also, you can get to the forum profiles, not that it matters to you now, click on Forum Profile (it's in big letters!) from the zoints profile.

And for the record, I hate the damn zoints profiles.

Anonymous

lol, hi :P

You should look into monetisation tips then, with this much popularity you could easily cover your costs of this place, and not have to show more ads (actually most likely use less) :).

Lol I don't hate you guys, I kind of play with new people in a manner like this, ask shadow or jamie or the nerds in #slackers I guess, I think pretty much all of them hated me at first :3

toodles~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.