Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Prexus Mouse engine.

Hello everyone in the awesome community of rmxp.org. :) I was just wondering if someone could make me an addon for prexus' ABS(Not the one from Umbral Wake, but the one from dungeon adventure)that will enable me to move with the click of a button.

What I want is when you singal click your character faces that direction the cursor was, but when you double click your character moves in the direction of the cursor. So it's left click to to move only when an enemy isn't highlighted with the cursor, but when an enemy is highlighted with the cursor the cursors icon changes, but if you highlight an enemy from a distance and click you move over to him and attack. So there is an icon for moving, attacking, talking, and enviromental interactions. And I would also like it so the middle mouse button takes you to the menu.(Can whoever does this make the mouse module compatable with LeonHearts universal customizable menu?)And also to use a skill you have to right click.(When you're in the skill menu right click on a skill to assighn it to the mouse button and you could also assighn other skills to th S and D keys still.) The reason I want skills to be assighnable with the keys still is because the skills on the S and D keys are reserve skills that you click on the HUD and the skill you click on will automatically be assighned to the right mouse button putting the skill that was previously assighned to that other skills place on the HUD.

And thats all until I could think of something else. Thanks to whoever could help me, I will worship you. :)

*EDIT* Sorry for naming the topic Pexus mouse engine.

You can rename the topic if you want  ;)

Also, I don't think this should be ALL that tough, it will just mean a little bit of editing on the path finding script.

I'm on it!  ;)

EDIT: Just so that you know, I'm not that great a scripter.

So what I CAN do is:
a) Making the character face/move to the location the mouse is clicked on, depending on the number of clicks, showing the icons when an enemy is selected.
b) Allowing the choices when the icon is selected and doing the appropriate chosen thing.
c) Allowing the Right-Clicking button to use the assigned skill.

What I cannot do is:
a) Making the skill assigning system work with a mouse click.

EDIT 2: You want the choices on choosing an enemy to show as icons, right? So will these icons be pictures, or real icons put in the icon folder? Currently I'm taking the icons as the ones in the icon folder and proceeding, but if you want it changed, just tell me.  ;)

On a second thought, this isn't all that easy. You'll have to give me while.

Also, get happy, I've finished it!. (If I could show screens, I would have, but what can I do with a mouse).

EDIT: Ok, I've got a Demo up, but I couldn't integrate the mouse system into Prexus' ABS, so I got it into another, completely customizable ABS.

Current Features

-Character moves to location that is clicked
-When in front of the enemy, if you double click, the character attacks the enemy.
-Middle Mouse button to open the menu.
-Right-Click Mouse button to use the assigned skill.
[To assign a skill, open the skill menu, and simple select the skill from there (enter/space bar button) and you're done. The assigned skill will appear "Red" in color.]

PS: The ABS is completely customizable, and the instructions have been provided. You can do cool stuff like adding ranged/shot/melee skills, etc, which can be Heat-Seeking (chase after the enemy) and lots more! You'll have to see the instructions to see what it can do! And to set up an enemy, just up "\m[Monster ID] \w[Weapon ID]" in the event's name. (Yeah, that's right! You can even make enemies hold weapons!)

PPS: The mouse controls everything as well, so you can even use the menu, scroll the options, and click by using the mouse.

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!!

If you need anything added or removed, just tell me. Hope you like it! ;)

DarkOmen777":7du2l3bc said:
Thanks, and to be honest, I prefer this ABS over prexuses ABS. (Sorry Prexus :-[)

Heh, it's probably the most customizable ABS around, and that's why I used it for the experiment. Prexus' ABS was giving too may errors >_>

Anyway, I hope it works properly, what do you think of the mouse system. ;)

I'm bumping 'cause it isn't done yet, you said it was 25% complete. :)

Offtopic: Is it apart of rmxp.org's new theme to have animated snowfall on the screen? Or is it the theme for my desktop?

Well, you don't have to do this 'cuase I don't want to make you feel like you absolutley have to do this. :)But if you want to there was acouple of problems ranged attacks don't work (Ranged weapons only work as if they were sword, but ranges for skills work fine.), and mouse icons don't change for for monsters. But remember I'm not trying to pressure you into doing this. :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.