Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Preserving BGM state after battles

In zones where you find random battles, BGM is always reseted every battle, so you can hardly hear the whole BGM. I think this is wasting game's music, and a script
that keeps the last instant where the song was played until battle ends would be useful.

I believe I remember reading that this would require a rewrite of the hidden audio class, which hasn't been done yet. So, the closest thing you could do is have no battle music, and just keep the BGM throughout the whole area.

Mea

I'm not using random battles, but I ran into a similar problem. I think I tried removing the battle music and all that did was give me silent battles and the BGM still reset every time I left battle mode, though I may have done something wrong.

If anyone has a good work around for this, I'm interested as well.

Mea;163262 said:
I'm not using random battles, but I ran into a similar problem. I think I tried removing the battle music and all that did was give me silent battles and the BGM still reset every time I left battle mode, though I may have done something wrong.

If anyone has a good work around for this, I'm interested as well.

I think what he meants was take out the changing battle music period. You can fairly easily make it so that the map music carries through the battles, this way you don't have songs switching.

Unfortunately there really isn't a work around for BGMs getting cut off by battles otherwise. :(

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.