Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Prayer Script.

This is a bit of a challenge! But if you're up to it, I'm not the one to stop you.

Simplified version:

Alright, I will just post it here. But because it's a long and hard script, I may have a hard time figuring out how to explain this.

First Step for the Script: Add a Gradient bar to the status menu called Prayer. This will be your prayer ability.

Like SP and HP: Like SP, and HP. They have a certain amount of points that they have at the start of the game out of how many they have left. Like HP for example, 400/1,000. 1,000 would be how many HP points the player has at the start of the game. And 400 would be how many are left out of 1,000. I would like the player to be able to customize how many Prayer Points they have at the beginning of the game.

Customization for characters: I would also like it so that you can decide which member has this prayer ability. So, for example if you had a cleric in your party, it would be best to give the ability to him/her.

Drain Rate: I would like the player to be able to customize how many points a certain prayer gets taken off for each minute of game play (or you could create a timer to keep track of this. I don't know.) The person would be able to decide how many points gets taken off for a certain prayer.

Different Prayers: I don't want players to be limited to only one prayer to the entire game, therefore, they can have as many prayers as they want.

How to create Prayers: The player would create a Skill, and the Script would use that Skills ID for the prayer.

How to activate prayers: I would like it so that at the push of the Enter button, the prayer ability begins. You can then check how much your prayer has been draining via your status menu, by looking at the Gradient Bar, I asked for. To deactivate them, the player would press Enter again.

If you have several prayers: I would like it to show a window displaying all your prayers and how much they drain per minute. And a description of each (which can be changed via the Skill Menu) The player can then choose which prayer they would like to use.

That's about it. I hope it's easier to understand now.

Bump, 72 hours should have passed already. If you need more info, please state that you do. I am willing to provide as much info as is needed to get this Script on it's way. I know this may be difficult, or hard to understand, but simply post asking where you need clarification, and I will be happy to provide it for you. Thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.