Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Post a clip of music from your band

I, as many other people in this forum, are in a band.
Have a listen...

Clicky

I know what your thinking, it's not your average band. But it's more rhythm that melody. It consists of a vibraphone, a couple of marimbas, a drum kit, xylophone and various other percussion instruments. I'm on one of the marimbas (unfortunately I haven't learnt the drum-kit fully yet.)

There you go. Now post away!

(Questions and comments are open as well, don't spam up the thread with repeated questions though. Ta.)

An easier way.
Turns out that I should have rethought my name because when I came to get a mySpace, matchstickman, matchstickmusic, and matchstickmanmusic were all taken. By idiots with 2 friends. I was lucky to get matchstickmusicman :p

PS I may look like an idiot with 2 friends, but actually I'm just waiting to buy an Interface to move my recordings from my four-track to my computer. Honest.

This is a pseudo live performance by a project I was part of a couple years ago called "Ransom." Most of tt was recorded by a mic in the center of the barn we rehearsed in, so the quality is a bit garbage. The rest (The clean accoustic guitar in the intro, and the vocals) were added in afterwards, because the guy who sings and plays one of the guitars is actually drumming here, because our drummer didn't show up on this particular day. The normal drummer was amazing :D

This is three guitars, a bass, drums, and two vocalists. (I'm third guitar and backup vocals, although I don't sing in this recording.)

Also, it's christian, so don't blow a corpuscle. If you hate christian music, just don't click it.

http://www.zshare.net/download/iamnotafraid-wma.html

(Not our best song, but it's the one we played cleanest at the time. It's also a much better song when, you know, it's not being recorded by a single mic in the center of the room, and Nick is a bit more on on the vocal performance.)

Also, moved to the proper place.

My friend's mother's old boyfriend was in a band called Ransom. lul @ common name. =D
That was nice, Roman Candle. You need a vocalist to really bring your playing to life. Solo acoustic guitarists almost never get much respect (look at Kaki King..).
myspace.com/vampyredoll

That's my main stuff. All the songs on the page are pretty old.. In fact, I don't even know which ones are on it anymore. I should probably update it seeing as we've made like 8 songs since then.

myspace.com/twoofakind2710

lul @ me and my friend. We're stupid. I'm not just saying that to make it look like we're trying to excuse how shitty we are, we really are stupid. =\ The so-called solo is just random notes that don't even really go together played kinda fast. Three years of guitar and I'm still at the basics. >__>

I don't do grades anymore, not since I stopped taking piano lessons ages ago. I've been playing guitar for about 2 and a half years now, pretty much non stop. When I get a piece of hardware to take recordings from my lovely 4 track tape recorder to my computer, I'll finally be able to upload some recent things. Anyway, thanks ^_^

@Cruelty
Since recording that, I have added vocals :)

samboy;154713 said:
I, as many other people in this forum, are in a band.
Have a listen...

Clicky

I know what your thinking, it's not your average band. But it's more rhythm that melody. It consists of a vibraphone, a couple of marimbas, a drum kit, xylophone and various other percussion instruments. I'm on one of the marimbas (unfortunately I haven't learnt the drum-kit fully yet.)

There you go. Now post away!

(Questions and comments are open as well, don't spam up the thread with repeated questions though. Ta.)

That was actually very pleasnat to listen to. I likes it a lot...

arcthemonkey;156397 said:
This is a pseudo live performance by a project I was part of a couple years ago called "Ransom." Most of tt was recorded by a mic in the center of the barn we rehearsed in, so the quality is a bit garbage. The rest (The clean accoustic guitar in the intro, and the vocals) were added in afterwards, because the guy who sings and plays one of the guitars is actually drumming here, because our drummer didn't show up on this particular day. The normal drummer was amazing :D

This is three guitars, a bass, drums, and two vocalists. (I'm third guitar and backup vocals, although I don't sing in this recording.)

Also, it's christian, so don't blow a corpuscle. If you hate christian music, just don't click it.

http://www.zshare.net/download/iamnotafraid-wma.html

(Not our best song, but it's the one we played cleanest at the time. It's also a much better song when, you know, it's not being recorded by a single mic in the center of the room, and Nick is a bit more on on the vocal performance.)

Also, moved to the proper place.

I like it a lot (I'm into a good bit of Christian music, though usually bands like Demon Hunter and Candlefuse). Are you guys still together?

I would put a clip of my band, but we, unfortunately, haven't practiced in a few weeks (And we still don't have a drummer anyways). Maybe in a few weeks, though.

@acid-food - Very nice. I prefer a little more differentiation in tempo, dynamics - etc. Fast paced is good!

@Roman-candle - Beautiful. I absolutely love guitar, escpecially acoustic. Sounds clean, always good when recording.

@arcthemonkey - Sorry, i'm not too into christain music. Not that I'm an anti-christ or anything, just the style gets to me. Hate me for eva :). (Still sounds good for a style that I hate!)

Thanks for posting guys, more will come in good time.

This is a very light accoustic worship song I wrote, and is professionally recorded (some of the elements were not though, and it's still being engineered. It's overall still a WIP - overmixed mandolin, undermixed vocals, a whoel guitar track missing, that sort of thing). This is not rock by any extension of the meaning, and while it probably lands flatly into Christian contemporary, it admittedly has pop leanings.

Once again, if you don't like christian music (especially of the sticky sweet variety) this will likely not be for you.

I am NOT the instrumentalist on this song! I'm not an extraordinarily good guitarist, and due to age old, poorly compress recordings of my guitar parts they didn't make the cut.

http://www.myspace.com/tonyforemanmusic

Not typical of my usual fare, but it's my most popular song :P I use this song to pick up chicks.

Edit: Also, Roman Candle, I really liked that song of yours.

Edit2: Fallofthetyrant, I didn't get a chance to stop and really listen, but I liked the website! (especially the media player)

OK, it's new song time. This one's called "The Last Year of the Old World". Put your hand up if you like it.

Click me!

This was recorded at our last concert. (The quality aint too good, but hey.):thumb:

Roph

I work with a friend and we write and produce music together. It's a mix of new-age experimental classical, maybe with some electronica, or maybe, kinda.. actually, we're not sure what genre we'd call ourselves. =p

We released a half-hour long preview of a project we're working on, which you can download here. =D

Uh, given all my posts got deleted.

@RC: There's this shitty recording studio above the market in town that's pretty cheap to use, so I may give it a try if I can round up a band posse.

I made a quick video of a solo from one of my songs to see if I still pick with my thumb... I do :(
Anyway, it's here:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/Cacographer/th_NoMoonAtAll.jpg[/IMG]
When I put it on photobucket, the contrast went a little funny and it looks like my identity's being protected by someone ^_^

By the way, don't bother telling me that I rushed or sped up, because I know XD

The full song's a cover of a Julie London song, No Moon At All. Her guitarist's so good, though, that it's more like 'loosely based on' the original. I don't really have the time to be working out the voicings of a hundred different jazz chords :-/

well, you did rush a lot, too many notes out of places, and you need more practice in those solo parts, isn't that bad, but you need to work with your fingers strength though. They don't seem to tighten the string enough at some places which makes you lose speed.
Anyway, that's only my opinion.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.