Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pod racing mini-game for Star Wars

Im making a Star Wars game and as a mini-game, i would like a script for a pod racing game.
As you go through the game, you unlock different tracks. you can also customize your pod to make go as fast or as slow as you want. Like in FFX where you can hire blitzball players in the main game, you can hire staff to help upkeep your pod.
If someone could help me, i would appreciate it. Thanks :smile:

Hmm... How should I say this? The reason this topic is being ignored is its complexity. There are whole games devoted simply to being a podrace, or a racer in general, because it is difficult to fit vastly different modes of gameplay into the same game. The podrace itself, while not too difficult, is complicated by the fact that every enemy must have their own realistic AI to drive them around the course, while still keeping them competitive. Then you've got to take into account that you are asking for customizeable cars. With that thrown in, it means that you've got much more complex game mechanics than any small racing minigame would need. In fact, that's the whole reason you don't see racing games mixed into other games, unless it is something inane like the horse race from Harvest Moon.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.