Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Please make a video how to put a script in RMXP

like in said in title i realllllly need to know how so i can add scripts to my game.... if you can help ASAP i like to know know how really bad please.:thumb:

I think I get what you're asking, but a script is just using scripting language (RGSS in this case) to program features into the game. That would make a very boring video. If you want to learn more about the RGSS language, I think the length of text prior to the first assignment in the scripting academy explains the different parts of RGSS. Now then, I may have misinterpreted your request, but this is what my mind defined it as. Sorry if I've wasted your time.

If you talk about how you can actually insert it, follow the instructions:

- Open up RMXP XD
- Click on 'Script Editor' button in the toolbar, raid the menubar for 'Tools -> Script Editor', or just press F11
- Scroll down the list on the left until you see the entry 'Main'
- Right-click on that entry and select 'Insert'
- If it isn't automatically marked, clock on the empty entry you just created (you might name it by typing something in the name field below the list)
- Paste whatever script you want to the big are on the right.

That's it...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.