Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Please Help with Minkoff's animated Battler system!

People! This is all I need to actually go on with my game! I just need someone anywhere to give me a script edit from Minkoff's animated battle system! Now, people have tried to help me before, but nothing seemed to work.

I'm pretty sure ya have to do the edit in the "Configuration" part of the Script...
I just need the edit to let you use this type of battler for combat:
http://charas-project.net/charas2/res_v ... t_t&texts=[/img]

Please change the title of your request to, "Please help with Minkoff's Animated Battlers"
You will get help quicker with a title that gets peoples attention, and describes
what you are looking for help with.

I haven't looked at Minkoff's script yet. Otherwise I'd help you out.

Be Well

You got that from Charas, right?  Stitch the battler together vertically, not side-by-side.

The poses system is determined by vertical placement.

Then you edit the Editable Template to suit the battler layout.  RM2K3 style this go-round.

You took your creation and pasted them side-to-side.  Instead, paste them top-down.

The first horizontal row is one 'pose', the second is another 'pose'.  It reads poses like that.

You then have to configure (yes... you have to configure) Animated Battlers to use 'RM2K3' battlers.  You have to tell it that you're using *looks at pic*... sixteen poses (you have two sets that can hold 8 poses... though one set only has 3).  You will then have to tell it that the battlers are using only 3 frames of animation.

Then the 'Editable Template' needs to be edited.

You have to edit the sucker and tell it that MNK_POSE1 (or whatever your 'Ready' pose is) is going to be pose 4, MNK_POSE2... and etc.

There's a .pdf that talks about this.

ok! thanks man! I'll try it out and tell ya the results once i finish.
Again, thanks for having patience  with me, I know I can get a little annoying,lol.

and also, I am getting a message when I start a battle that says this:
?????'Misc.' ? 205 ??? NoMethodError????????

undefined method '/" for nil:NilClass

Help? please and thank you.

Emmanuel":3l1rb49a said:
and also, I am getting a message when I start a battle that says this:
?????'Misc.' ? 205 ??? NoMethodError????????

undefined method '/" for nil:NilClass

I wish you didn't say that.

Until you get an official English Version, I can't help you.  Though I don't come here much, I still have SPONSOR status and cannot support users of 'translated' versions such as Postality Knights.

The ????? in your reply tells me that your system is attempting to display your software's Japanese coded error message and substituted it with 'question marks'.  This is a telltale sign of it not being an Official English version.

Now I know you may have thought it was a legal version... sometimes sold on eBay and so-forth (removed from eBay almost as quickly). But until you receive a true English version, no further support can be given.

Official? I paid $59.99 from this guy on e-bay, that ass!
I am so sorry for your troubles...do you know where I can get the real one?
And does this mean I have to start all over!!!???

www.download.com.

The official version is available via download.  It acts as a 60-day trial version.

You have to download it and pay via credit cart to Protexis.  They handle credit card billing for Enterbrain.  From the serial number on your 'legal' copy, you'll get an activation code that turns it into a full version.

Save your serial number!

If you have to reload your copy (burn it to disc!!!), you can contact Protexis so you can re-activate it with a new activation code for your 'reloaded' copy.  Different activation code based on load date/computer id/etc.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.