Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Player Movement Pause & Event Movement Pause?

This is a request for an RPG Maker XP script.

I was just wondering if anyone could make me a couple of scripts, one that pauses just the movement and direction facing of the player and another that pauses just the movement and direction facing of all events on the map. Also, I would need it to be incorporated into an event so that it can be turned on and off easily.

It may help if I tell you what I would be using it for. I know next to nothing about scripting, so I'm making a pause menu using events, which is easy enough if you transfer the player to another map (the pause menu map. lol.), but then when you transfer back all the events on the map reset to their original places. I also think it would look nice and professional if the pause menu could be a bit like the pause menu in Morrowind or Oblivion (i.e. you see the game world in the background).

Thanks for reading this, and I hope you can help me!  :smile:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.