Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Planned Downtime

ccoa

The forums will be turned off on Sunday the 24th starting at about 10am EST for an upgrade of the forum software. This downtime should last no more than an hour or two, if everything goes well. There may be some features of the board that will be broken by the upgrade, I will endeavor to fix those as quickly as possible once things are back up.

MistTribe;228970 said:
This wont mess up the download manager will it?

The forums will be turned off on Sunday the 24th starting at about 10am EST for an upgrade of the forum software. This downtime should last no more than an hour or two, if everything goes well. There may be some features of the board that will be broken by the upgrade, I will endeavor to fix those as quickly as possible once things are back up.

Anonymous

Trickster;229128 said:

does that include the download manager???????way to dodge the question ?.?

also upgrades are excellent. hopefully everything goes smoothly!

He's not dodging the question. HE is already saying that the question was answered. The DL Manager may or may no be affected, they obviously don't know.

Yeah, but he was asking if they had any idea on the actual DL manager itself.

And no, it will not broken by the upgrade. It is designed for the 3.6.x framework of vB, and the upgrade Ccoa is doing is simply building on that. The link may need to be manually re-added at the top if skin changes are forced but, other than that, should be fine.

ccoa

We won't know for certain everything will be fine until we actually do it. I'm not going to offer you any guarantees whatsoever, so I suggest you get whatever it is you've been procrastinating about downloading now. ;)

Kraft

Sponsor

Question!

Will this upgrade be for zoints as well? Meaning, that in the topics that are in the profiles (like the userbar request topic in my profile) the peoples avarars will show up?

I remember erk saying something like that a while back, and that an upgrade was coming for it...

But that is not really that important...

What kind of upgrade will the forum be getting? just a more up to date thing that makes it easier or faster to use, or are there some new things that you are adding to the forum?

~Kraft

ccoa

It's the standard update from vBulletin, version 3.6.7. Mostly security issue fixes. You won't see any difference, unless it breaks something.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the profiles, but that is a completely separate mod from the forum.

ccoa

The update is complete and apparently successful. If you notice any bugs, please post them here. I hope you all didn't suffer too much while we were away. ;)

It was (misinformation starts) slow and painful. It caused the whole forum to get corrupted, so much that the computers exploded in peoples faces(/misinformation). Glad it's over.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.