Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Phantasy Star Online/Universe Mag/Partner Machinery

This is usually a system I would request for an MMORPG, but I figured it would be interesting to have this.

What are mags?
Anyone who has played Phantasy Star Online would know more about this, but mags are basically mechanical pets that follow your character(in RPGmaker it would just be equipped) and you level up their stats by feeding them items, and those stats impact the character's stats as well. They have four stats, DEF(defense), POW(power), DEX(accuracy), and MIND(intelligence). Mags have many different forms depending on which stat is raised the most. In Phantasy Star Online, each mag would give a different photon blast arrangement. Photon Blasts are special skills basically like limit breaks in Final Fantasy. If you fed your mag up to a certain level, the mag would change and learn new photon blasts.

What is partner machinery?
Partner Machinery is a bit different but makes up for the lack of mags in Phantasy Star Universe. There aren't as many forms, but the feeding system is the same. You feed it items to level it up and change it's form.

What's different about partner machinery?
Partner Machinery is also a storage system for items, and money. It can also create items for you by crafting them. Also, if you level up your partner machinery enough, it will evolve into a form that is able to fight with you in battle, and depending on the stats raised, the partner machinery's form, skills and weapon will be effected + the stats of the partner machinery are the actual stats it will have when it fights.

NOTE: I don't bump requests, because I consider them simply to be ideas that could/could not come into effect, and I'm just too lazy to stay on one idea.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.