Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Phantasy Star 4 Battle System

Jaide

It's possible something like this exists, or that a couple scripts could be used together to emulate this. But because I'm just not sure, I'll post the request.

In Phantasy Star 4, you had a max of 5 people in your party. The battle system worked a lot like the default RMXP system, except that you had 5 people instead of 4, and depending on the skills you used, you could unleash combos with another character in the party.

For example, if one character chose a certain skill, and another character chose a certain skill, the two would then appear together on screen unleashing a combo based on those two skills.

Here's a reference pic:

http://www.rpgrealm.com/reviews/genesis/PhantasyStar4CircuitBreaker.gif

In the picture, Rune and Wren are performing a combo.

If you need more information, I can try to dig up more screenshots. It's been many, many years since I've played this game. :P

Thanks!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.