Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pathfinding

Is it possible to improve the pathfinding used in the Approach option of an event's movement pattern? If so, has anyone done it? Or would anyone mind doing it? I did find this thread, but it's long gone, due to the hacker. :(

I'm not looking for any fancy custom movement scripts or anything. Just something to improve the pathfinding of events when I want them to seek out the player. Using the current Approach option, an event will usually find the player eventually but it kind of stumbles around drunkenly while doing it. This doesn't really look right if it's something like a guard that's supposed to be chasing the heroes. :P

Looks like good stuff, though it might take some time for me to figure out how to use them since I didn't see any instructions. Still, this appears to be the sort of thing I'm looking for. Thanks! :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.