Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Passability Alteration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim.

Hi there, everyone. After several frustrating hours of messing about with passabilities, priorities, and things of the like, I've noticed that RMXP seems to process the passability of layers in a way that is very unhelpful to my maps.

Say, I have a river autotile. I make it fully impassable. Now, I place a large tree by the river. Because the shadow of the tree is marked as fully passable, the player can walk over the river.

Could somebody edit an RTP Script, (I'd assume Game_Map) so that the first layer's passability overrides that of the second layer? Thanks in advance.

I can't help you with the script, but actually what I do in this case is to make a blank tile on the tileset unpassable. Then I fill the tiles I don't want passable with it in the third layer. If the third layer is used, you can do it with events and the blank unpassable tile, too.

I hope this can help you.
Peace.

Vent

Go in the event layer, take a background colored tile from the tileset or make a transparent characterset (it has to be transparent) and use it as a block, so the player cannot pass the event. I like to call these blocks.
Scripting isn't really needed to do this.

EDIT: Also, did you set the priority higher than one star for the shadows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.