Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Party lineup

Adryl

So I've been using XP for a little while now and I'm starting to get a little more inventive.

I have no idea what this would be called but I'm basically wondering if there's a script out there that when called, lines up all the members of your party "Suikoden" style.

For instance, if you have a 4 member party, can you get them to all just disperse from your main player and stand beside you, behind you, wherever. And then when you want, call them ball back in.

Does that make any sense? I've been trying to do searches on it but I just don't know what you'd call that

Thanks!

Adryl

Isn't the caterpillar script what makes it so your entire party follows you around on the screen all the time? I can import that one easily.

But I think a modified one like you're talking about might be the trick. Just as long as it only "spits" out my party when I want it to in a line up style I think that might be it.

Maybe I can find a Suikoden screenshot somewhere

EDIT: I found one! That search was a little more difficult than I thought :thumb:

Anyway, see how the main character is top center and the rest of the part is to his left and right, and the 3 spots behind him? Normally the player is just wandering around solo, but when he comes to a scene or talks to someone important, everyone fans out around him. I'm wondering if anyone's ever seen a script that exists that does this.

kunto.jpg

Adryl

Thanks! I'll check that out. The caterpillar script can probably be manipulated just right

of course if anyone else wants to chime in I'd be happy to hear suggestions :wink:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.